Links

Sunday, February 19, 2006

My years goals to date.

First off, it was 1 degree this morning when I woke up. It was in the 60's on Friday. What's up with that? Did I ever mention I hate snow?

I don't make New Years resolutions, they are usually things that are done on a whim and never really realize their fruition. I take the approach a little differently, I try to set up what I would call obtainable goals that I would like to meet throughout the year following year. Resolutions we can easily let go in a day or two, but goals are something you work for year round. These are some of my goals for 2006 and where I am currently at.

Family Situation

Over the last few years we have some family feuds, sometimes resulting in people not talking and this being carried on for a while. In 2005 I ended my feud with my sister Kim and she also took the steps to repair another relationship in the family.

There are still a few hurdles to get over, but they are getting smaller and smaller and could be obtainable. Everyone makes mistakes, I think the question we must ask ourselves is how long those mistakes are being held against anyone else or being held against us. Anyone can hold a grudge, but it takes a person of real integrity and character to say enough is enough.

Unconditional love has no conditions, and we all need to remember this sometimes. I love everyone in my family and would bend over backwards to do what I could to help any of them. I have swallowed my pride, I have accepted accountability on things that I have done rather than make excuses and most importantly, I've tried to put others first. I could be wrong, but the true testament of that statement is that I really don;t see anyone contradicting it. I could be wrong, but that is the only true measure that we have.

This year I would like to see a complete family portrait at Christmas time. There is something incomplete about this picture, I don't want it to happen again.



Career

Wow, this is a big one. I said earlier this year I would re-market myself in 2006 and I have done this. I updated my resume and placed it on a few sites that it could be seen. I have been contacted by at least one head-hunter so far this year about at least one job. Anyone who knows me knows I was pretty excited when I found out the details of who was looking for me and where it is located. Don't know how it's all going to turn out, but the ball is rolling on this one and it looks like there could be prosperous times ahead of me.

Health

I've got my insurance information finally organized, but I still need to name a Primary Physician sometime in the near future. It is all organized for now on my part as far as everything else goes.

I did manage to step on a scale this morning and check my weight, my pants were starting to get a little loose and I just wanted to check, sure enough without trying I have dropped 10% of my body weight since early November. It must be getting close to softball season. I have been much more energetic over the past few months, I guess this confirms why.

Personal life

Steelers won the Super Bowl, WVU is the defending Sugar Bowl Champions and Morgantown High is the two time defending State Football Champions. The WVU basketball team lost to #1 UCONN yesterday, but we'll get them. So sports wise my goals are all my favorite teams to repeat.

Relationships

The one thing that comes and goes in my life. I've put any and all relationships on hold since I decided to go to college way back last century. I haven't allowed myself to get involved with anyone because I had goals that were more important to me at the time and I wanted to complete them.

In 2006 my goal is to find a soulmate. It's early, but I have signed up for at least one (like the specifics) dating site and posted my profile. I've sent a few messages in people that look to be able to keep my interest, we'll see how things turn out. It's been a long time since I was in a relationship. My last real relationship was a real educational experience for me. It taught me that if you don't have trust, you don't have anything. I also learned that trust is earned, and it's just not given. I have always tried to be honest, and I never really asked for anything other than that mutual respect in return.

Hopefully I can find someone like this in 2006.

This is just my update on the year so far. It's now a blistering 10 degrees outside, is it softball yet? I do have another goal this year, and that is bigger trophies.

No comments: