Links

Sunday, September 04, 2005

Some potentially very sad news

I heard some potentially very sad news yesterday. Tucker, my sister's dog of some 17 years has disappeared. I guess he was let out Thursday Night and he would scratch to get back in, but never did.

Tucker has been the family pet for a long period of time, ever since Terri first got him in the 1980's. We weren't sure of Tucker's age, but I'm thinking at least 18 Human years (That's 126 in dog years). I had a bond with Tucker and I think everyone in this family did. He was very excited to see anyone, and he was also quick to defend his family. I place his first appearance somewhere after the time of Amy's birth and before Randy's.

His health has faded over the past year or so, he had lost his sight, couldn't hear and was eaten up with arthritis and had trouble getting around. He was scratching at walls thinking he was scratching to go outside.

It's potentially a very sad end to an animal who will be so embedded into our memories forever.


RIP old friend

No comments: