Links

Saturday, September 10, 2005

A family reunion of sorts

Today was a retirement picnic for Bill Trevillian. He had been a member of the Morgantown Fire Department for 28 years and has finally decided to hang up his firefighting boots. I hadn't seen that part of the family for a few years, so I decided to go and try to see everyone and catch up on what has been happening. When I first got there I was greated by my Cousin Sharon. She was a little busy manning the BBQ area. The Burgers were cooked to absolute perfection needless to say. A little later I my Uncle Ralph showed up and I got a chance to talk to him for a little bit. He's been retired for thirteen years now and manages to keep himself busy doing a little handy man work around town. Just enough to keep him active and give him a chance to get out of the house a few hours a week. He looks just as healthy today as he did when I was growing up as a kid.


The biggest surprise came when I got to see Lynne for the first time in probably twenty years. We mananged to work on the same hill together for four years and never did get around to having lunch or anything before I left the NRAC.

Let's see if I can summarize this.

* Sharon and Bill Sharon retired a few years ago after working for Jim Prete and Bill just retired from the Fire Department.

* Ralph and Kathy Are still happily married and have a wonderful young daughter named Katie.

* Lynne and Jimmy. Jimmy is still working at Mylan and Lynne is at the University and has been there for sixteen years now. They have twin boys who are going to be Sr's this year.

I did manage to talk to Sharon a little about maybe getting some old family pictures scanned. I don't know what anyone has, but I would like to get what ever I can scanned for the next generation to be able to see the years that have passed.


It was a great day and I'm very happy I had the chance to see everyone.

No comments: