Links

Sunday, May 22, 2005

Reformat

About once a year or so, I completely re-do my computer and re-format the hard drive and re-install everything bringing the compuuter back to the "out of the box" version.

For the past couple weeks, my computer has been lagging very bad and something just wasn't right. I had two iexplorer processes running in the background that I could not kill. Adaware didn't pick them up and neither did Nortons.

I guess when a computer gets to a certain point it's good just to clean it out and re-do it. I have a 120 GB slave drive where I save all my files and my C drive is for nothing other than installed programs.

Today, I got tired of seeing the computer lag and just reformatted everything. Now my computer is running like a charm. Something was infesting my computer and I could not track it down to find what it was.

My computer runs a lot faster now.

No comments: