Links

Sunday, November 21, 2004

Weekend Tidbits

Yet another weekend has came and passed me by. It was a nice relaxing one that saw a rainy weekend for the most part. One with the tidbits.

* The Morgantown High Mohigans ran their record to 12-0 and advanced to the State Semi-finals against Riverside with a 45-14 ripping of Nitro. The Mohigans are 2 wins away from their third undefeated State Championship in five years.

* Saturday, my brother in law Nick's sister got remarried in Pittsburgh. I wish her and her new husband John the best.



* Sunday saw my beloved Steelers not play so well, but they still managed to get a 19-14 victory over the Cincinnati Bengals to run their record to 9-1 on the season.

* WVU was off this weekend, but are still ranked 20th in the USA Today/Coaches Poll . We are scheduled to play the University of Pittsburgh Thanksgiving night.

* WVU also kicked off basketball season with an 82-70 win over Saint Peter's saturday night.

* In football, MHS, WVU and the Steelers are a combined 29-3 on the season. I can't remember the last time the three of them combined for that type of a winning percentage.

* There is a very good chance another family member will realize a lifetime dream on my birthday this year. Not going to jinx it and won't say anything until it happens, so you'll just have to stay tuned to see if the someone's dream becomes reality.

* Jean and Rich had to go to Florida this weekend, I guess Rich's dad has had some health problems that need their attention. I hope things work out ok for them.

No comments: