Links

Wednesday, September 20, 2023

My Musical Top 12, #1

 Looking for something different to do on Wednesdays, so I thought I would come up with a series of My personal Top 10 (it's going to be 12 in this case) of my favorite music growing up through the years. I decided I did not want to repeat any artists to allow for a variety, so I had to come up with 12 unique songs by 12 unique artists that I personally have enjoyed the most through the years. I'll do one song/artist every Wednesday from my own personal preference. How well do you know me? Do you think you know my top 12 and in order? 

#12 If you Don't Know me by Now - Simply Red

#11 I Believe in You - Don Williams

#10 Still They Ride - Journey

#9 Rough Boy - ZZ Top

#8 Immigrant Song -  Led Zepplin

#7 Paper in Fire - John Mellencamp

#6 Fins -  Jimmy Buffett

#5  Pour Some Sugar on Me - Def Leppard

#4  Turn the Page - Bob Seger 

#3 Listen to What the Man Said - Paul McCartney and Wings 

#2 5150 - Van Halen

#1 A Man I'll Never Be - Boston


I doubt if any of you could have guessed this, but this has been my favorite song since I was a kid. Boston was the headliner of the first band I saw in Concert (Sammy Hagar Opened for them) in 1979. 

This is a song of the Dpn't Look Back Album and it really didn't hit the charts other than briefly, but it has always been a song that I have loved. If you ask me what song I have listened to more than any other, this would be it. 

Brad Delp's amazing vocals just captivate you and the lyrics are ones that I have found myself singing in 6 different decades. It;s a song that you put the headphones on, crank up the volume and let Brad's melodic voice just capture you and take you away to another place and time. 

Did anyone guess my #1? How about any of my top 12? 


No comments: