Links

Saturday, March 13, 2021

Saturday Morning Ramblings

Here I sit yet once again in a quiet household, Peanut is keeping me company and we're discussing the difference between NAD 27 and NAD 83, I'm trying to explain to her that you are not in Kansas anymore. A little Geography humor for everyone in the early morning hours. I'm up watching who knows what on HBO. 

Once again a large heartfelt Thank You to my wonderful niece Brittany in assisting Michelle and I to get our first rounds of COVID vaccine yesterday at the Morgantown Mall. We were both given the Pfizer Vaccine. I have to say the way they have that all worked out is absolutely amazing, everyone associated with this project needs to be thanked. I know the person administering my vaccine said they did 3,500 vaccines on Thursday and were planning on 3,000-3,600 yesterday. We were each in and out in a matter of 15 minutes and there were literally hundreds of people getting their vaccines at the same time we were. If anything worked as smoothly as that operation yesterday you have a very efficient process. Our second shots are already scheduled for April 2. 

I will be traveling once again for RTI this coming week, I will not however be working the same location as I will travel much further away in the Southern direction. I may even be spending a few weeks down there as we have a lot of work that needs to be done in the Captial city and surrounding areas. We are loaded in work and we will have a number of us down there working. I think we actually have 2 or 3 others from RTI down there already, the workload is just so heavy that they are bringing me in as well. I don't mind traveling like this, the money is decent and I can't complain. 

Remember before you go to bed tonight to move your clocks ahead 1 hour unless your clocks do it automatically like most of ours/ It's time to lose an hour of sleep this weekend and extend the daytime hours later into the evening where we have more daylight. 

No big plans for us today, I have to prepare some packets to work on next week. Because we are in a COVID Protocol, anything I hand to respondents has to have been in an envelope for 72 hours. COVID can live on paper for 24 hours, and considering who we are and who we are contracting for we are tripling the time as an extra precaution. I did hear I'm going to get a number of the good N-95 masks starting next month as part of my supplies. 

Have yourselves a great day. 

No comments: