Links

Saturday, February 29, 2020

It's Leap Day

Today is a day that only happens once every four years, it's leap day. On our rotation around the sun, once ever four years we need to re-calibrate our location in relation to the sun and that is why we have leap year. From starting point to return to the exact same point of origin, it takes 365 1/4 days to reach return to that exact same point of origin. So once every 4 years we have enough extra hours built up that we need to re-calibrate the calendar (since it is based on our rotation around the sun (year), the moons rotation in relation to the earth (month) and our own rocks very rotation (Day)), that we need to add one day to the calendar to bring it back into sync and that day is today.

Other than that, I'm up and I think my coauthor has decided to take the morning off leaving me to come up with own unique content and fly solo this morning, but we'll do our best.

My quarter for doing field work for RTI is over with. They are bringing in a traveler to do clean up on my segments and my remaining caseload has been transferred to them. So I pretty much have the next month off before we jump into another quarter. After so many attempts and two months of trying to find people home, it'll be nice to get a couple new locations to work in April. I know where one of them is located as I worked it last year and it's right here in town. The other segment will be a surprise.

So what to do with my day off? We're going to do our Sunday chores today including our grocery shopping as tomorrow is going to be a very busy day. It's going to start out with JT being baptized at Woodland United Methodist Church followed by brunch with the in laws at Iron Horse Tavern. But wait, there's more, afterwards we will be running to Canonsburg to help Luke celebrate his birthday with Hayley, Tyler and a slew of other family members.

So tomorrow is going to be a busy day, so I'm going to spend my Leap Day doing our weekly chores as I enjoy my day off.

Have yourselves a great day!!!!!

No comments: