Links

Wednesday, February 05, 2020

Amentum

I'm sure people are a little curious to see who I work for. I mentioned that last Friday was my last day working for AECOM. I am part of Management Services and we basically have all of the Government Contracts, were AECOM is was ans is a primarily Engineering Firm.

Who is it that I now officially am employed by? The company's new name is Amentum which is the strap that one would use to throw a javelin a further distance. We are not a start up company although it just went from a publicly traded to a privately owned company on Saturday officially. I work for the same people, have the same customers, have the same job responsibilities, it's just that our group is changing ownership.

Since I have been at NETL, this same group was EG&G, changed to URS who was then sold to AECOM. Now we are becoming Amentum and we are the only group of contractors that has been at NETL since it's formation when we were the only contractor on site. Read the Corporate Lineage Page for more detailed information.

Now as far as NETL, our contract was awarded and we are the prime subcontractor to the company that won the Site Operations Support Contract. So we are just about to close out one chapter and enter into another one at NETL.

No breaks in service, no restarting of vacation time or any resetting and buyout of any earned hours for accrued hours of PTO, just a rollover and a new company.

It's an honor to be working with the great group of workers that I work along side with. Up and down the entire chain, all first class people.

Have yourselves a great day.

Hi ho hi ho

No comments: