Links

Sunday, November 10, 2019

Sunday

Here I sit once again in a quiet household, Peanut is somewhere sleeping and I'm out here on the computer watching the Hudsucker Proxy and collecting my thoughts for the day.

Well yesterday was a little bit of a well, tough day here in Morgantown. I was working down south when Michelle sent me a message and told me that Murph Tinsley had passed away. Murph was an end zone camera man and editor for the Mountaineers for years. He never played softball with us, but was always out watching up play or over at one of the guys houses that we sometimes gathered at after a WVU game. It was a running joke that Murph was in the hospital and would have to miss yesterday's game, only his third since the stadium opened. He missed one in the 80's for a friends wedding and one in the early 90's for his Dad's funeral and was hospitalized and was going to have to miss this one. It was all light hearted, until 9:00 yesterday morning. Murph was loved by all, my friends and WVU Football players both past and present. It was a shock and the news shocked everyone. The team played horrible yesterday, but I have to wonder if the news of Murph's passing reached the locker room because they just didn't have that edge.

Speaking of the game Texas Tech, a team I thought we would defeat, beat the Mountaineers 38-17 and the score was closer than the game was. I really thought Texas Tech was pretty classless going for it on 4th down inside the 10 yard line and then passing to try to score. They were up by 25 points at that time, there is just an un-written rule that you don't run up a score when the game is in hand and with his starters still in the game I felt that was the situation.Classless.

Have yourselves a great day today, it could be day 42 for me if I go out to work.

Hi ho hi ho

No comments: