Links

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Pleasant Surprise

Me being the only one left standing at the office managed to get a very nice pleasant surprise this afternoon, My nephew Moke Called me from Mosul Iraq where he has been stationed for the last six months or so. It was great to hear from him and I had a really good conversation with him without any background distractions on my end. He was being a little distracted by the people around him a little asking questions, but overall it was a great conversation.

I think he is ready for his two week leave so he can return home before he finishes his tour of duty. He did tell me that he is going to have to have surgery before he comes home for good to remove a calcium deposit that has been growing on his face and is quite painful. Other than that he was in a pretty good mood and was playing his X-Box after a long day and was ready to relax for a while.

It was nearly midnight over there when we got off the phone, they are a total of eight hours ahead of us in time for anyone who might be curious.


View Larger Map

No comments: