Links

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Hump Day?

Nope not for me, it's Veterans Day and a day off for me. You have to love Government Holidays, especially when you are an on site contractor.

I have a biog decision I have to make today about my future. I have the two largest official offers I have ever received in my life on the table. I have a noon deadline today to give word on the higher of the two offers. Same job, same seat, it's just that I will be working for a new company next week. Both offers are the two largest I have ever received by a significant margin.

My gut tells me to go with the lower of the two offers, and I think it is the way I am leaning. There is a significant difference in salary between the two, however the lower offer is paying all health care premium costs and I feel very comfortable with everyone.

As I stated before I am probably leaning towards Sextant Technical, some of the things Dale has done is just unmeasurable of paper. My other offer is Booz Allen Hamilton , a company of 22,000 compared to Sextant's six, but their GIS lead (Booz Allen Hamilton's) is actually one of the six of us with Sextant.

Tough decisions I know, but both of them exceed career goals I set in the time frame from when I left college.

Have a great day.

No comments: