Links

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Changing Hosts

In case no one has noticed, my website has had quite a few backend problems over the past few months. It's been infected with malware and GoDaddy kept insisting it was my fault even though I reformatted my computer, changed my FTP login and uploaded clean files, it was continually hacked.

programs such as my picture album was inaccessible and unusable. This leading to many phone calls and tickets from my end to GoDaddy that ended less than favorably. It was a constant battle and I was uploading clean files as many as three times a day to keep the website operational. Any scripting programs would be infected and wouldn't run in matter of hours after they were reset up.

I guess there just comes a time when enough is enough, I'm not paying upwards of $100 a year for a hosting account that was unusable, especially when I was getting little to no support from the people I am paying for the service. They went from the best customer service in the business to someone I didn't want to be my host anymore.

Therefore I have moved my host and will be redesigning my website in the near future to make it once again viable and usable.

There is still a lot of work to be done to it, I'm just getting the skeleton up for right now as I am getting away from HTML and using PHP.

No comments: