Links

Monday, March 09, 2009

A Date

Last night I had a cheap date with Michelle. It was a really simple date that will create a memory that will last forever and we can easily do it again.

I came up with the idea earlier in the afternoon, we had went shopping and I found a watermelon that I just had to have. A nice succulent seedless one, but that was beside the point. It was a nice little snack though.

In our backyard there is a nice walkway and a big concrete bench at the other end of the yard. So, I invited Michelle to go out with me and eat a little watermelon at a time when just 24 hours earlier it would have been dark.

We sat on the bench along the walkway in the yard and enjoyed each others company, a little conversation, and some watermelon. Now to most people you may be thinking so what, but to me a guy who lived in small cramped apartment for the last eight years, it was a nice evening at home with a special person. Michelle has had a Migraine all weekend, that magical watermelon has helped ease the pain and created a special memory on our night of the 359th day since our first date.

Ir was a good weekend.

No comments: