Links

Sunday, November 02, 2008

A good day for a multi cache

Yesterday Michelle and I called Michael and took both Haley and Chad over to the place we are going to start renting from Michael after the first of the year. I think they both liked it as well as Michelle and I.

After that, Michelle and I thought we would try to do a another Multi Cache, which is by definition:

A multi-cache ("multiple") involves two or more locations, the final location being a physical container. There are many variations, but most multi-caches have a hint to find the second cache, and the second cache has hints to the third, and so on. An offset cache (where you go to a location and get hints to the actual cache) is considered a multi-cache.


We decided to try one called Let's Go Mountaineers that is around Morgantown and has you going to multiple WVU sporting sites both past and present to obtain clues as to the whereabouts of the final destination Cache.

It was a lot of fun and we had a great time. It gave us the opportunity to even see a few things that have been placed since I have graduated from WVU such as the old Mountaineer Field Memorial. I stood at about the spot I was at selling Hot Dogs in 1978 when Tommy Pridemore picked off a pass at the end of the end zone and ran it back 108 yards for a touchdown. I was just a few feet, literally, from him when he intercepted the ball. Talk about a great view.

It was a fun day.

No comments: