Links

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Spring Game Yesterday

Yesterday I went to the WVU Spring game in the afternoon. I do have to say that I have been attending Mountaineer Football Spring games for some years, and yesterdays game was probably the biggest crowd I have ever seen for a spring game at WVU. I would guesstimate the crowd to have been roughly 25,000 fans. The lower deck was full, the upper deck appeared to be full and they started letting people go to the other side of the field.

I thought the defense looked very good, they were swarm tackling and appeared to be very quick. I think this years defense should be an improvement on last years defense, and that is saying a lot. Great job by the defense, they carried us at times last season and will be much improved this season despite losing so many players to graduation.

The Offense didn't impress me too much beyond the first team and with Pat White and Noel Devine. With these two players on the field we will always be dangerous. Jarrett Brown is solid as a backup QB, but depth at other skill positions at this time are a concern a little. However we have a couple running backs coming in this fall who I would guess will be #2 and 3 on the RB depth chart behind Devine.

Terrence Kerns



And Mark (Snoop Dogg's Cousin)



Both appear like they will be quality fits to the program and will add depth ton the running back position after Steve Slaton's departure to the NFL.

Yesterday afternoon, I took Michelle to meet Mom and Gerald and then we went down to Nick N Terri's to see the Weed Hawks. They are everything as advertised. If you get a chance to see them, take advantage of it. I give them an A+++ for ability to entertain.

On a side note and I did not go to the game, WVU baseball beat the Cheating bastards of Notre Dame 11-6 in baseball yesterday afternoon.

No comments: