Links

Tuesday, November 02, 2004

I vote today

Today is election day in the United States. The incumbent President George W. Bush is going against challenger John F. Kerry, and it should be a very close race. I've avoided posting who I was voting for until today.

On September 11, 2001 this nation came under attack. Terrorists Hijacked four planes and ran two into the WTC, one into the Pentagon, and one crashed in PA. The action was united, and our President vowed to get those responsible for the attacks.

I did not directly know any of the victims, however one of my best childhood friends lost his wife that day in the Pentagon. Shelly Marshall was someone I never had the opportunity to meet, because Don Eric and my lives had taken different paths and we lost contact through the years. As children, we all ran around in the same small group of friends, and up until we graduated High School we ate lunch together every day.

I was shocked when our nation was attacked, but stunned to find out that Don's wife was a victom of the attack. Her killer must be brought to justice.

Here we are 3+ years later and Osama Bin Laden is still running around. From a Conservative Democrat who in five Presidential elections has NEVER voted for a Democrat for President, today in memory of Don's wife and every other victom of 9-11, I'm voting against the man who failed to bring their killer to Justice. George W. Bush, you lost my faith and my support. I'm voting for John Kerry.

This is Shelly Marshall's memorial tree that I drive past every day.

No comments: