Links

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Photo Flashback Thursday


Once a week I like to take a little time out and look through all of the pictures I have either taken or scanned through the years and take a little bit of time out to reflect on that photo. This weeks photo is no different even though it just looks like a picture taken at Coopers Rock.

This was taken a few months after I graduated from college. My salary had just went from poor struggling college student to "OK you can actually survive meagerly". I had managed to save a few dollars from ever paycheck for a few months and purchased a new Digital Camera that at the time was pretty high end. I managed to save $300.00 and did my research and purchased my first "real" camera. I had a few others that I had had in college, but this was a very good Kodak that I still have today (until my sweetie bought me a newer and better camera). I BLOGGED about it, when I purchased it. Funny thing is, that blog was my third blog post ever after the first two of testing and playing around with Blogger. You could say this was my forst "serious" blog that I had ever wrote.

Anyways, I was still working at the NRAC and the leaves were changing so I thought it would be a perfect opportunity to get some good photos. If you have never been to North Central West Virginia, it is the heart of Appalachia and is filled with hardwood forests that their leaves change colors before they fall off. It is as if someone painted the forest and I was not going miss this opportunity.

On this picture I was standing on top of the overlook at Coopers Rock State Forest when I noticed this bird was flying high above the Cheat River. I had a great vantage point and looking down on the bird, so I could not let this opportunity pass. Hence this photo.

Hi ho hi ho

No comments: