Links

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Photo Flashback Thursday


Once a week I like to take a little bit of time out and look through my tens of thousands of digital pictures that I have taken through the years and tell a little story about one of them.

Today's story I believe was from the Christmas of probably 1976 or 1977. I can tell by the stylish shirt that I was wearing that kind of matched our couch cover and that I not only had hair, but a good bit of it at that.

On my side was a nerf basketball game that I had set up in the dining room. I know I used to make Grandma Hall mad, because I was always playing at night after she had went to bed for the evening. I'm sure my jump shots from the back of the room on more than one occasion.

I have to say though, I was the undefeated world living room nerf basketball champion of the entire world, or at least for our dining room. If any of my childhood friends happen to be reading this, I will plead the fifth and insist the statute of limitations has expired on any appeals.

Speaking of Grandma Hall, it was 31 years ago today that I woke up and saw an empty living room where she was sleeping. She had passed away and the coroners had already came and retrieved her before dad woke me up to tell me the news. It was a day my life changed forever.

Hi ho hi ho

No comments: