Links

Sunday, May 17, 2009

A Day of Geocaching

Yesterday morning Michelle and I were contemplating what we could do for the day and she mentioned Geocaching. I know you have to twist my arm to get me to go out with a GPS and find things, but I was willing.

We decided with all of the things that were going on around town that that there would be too many muggles around for us to effectively do it so we decided to go out of town to do it.

After a little bit of thinking I decided that we should go to Philippi, a place Michelle had never been to Philippi nor had she ever seen its historical covered bridge
.

ON our way we decided to also stop at the International Mother's Day Shrine to find a cache and as we were on our way to Philippi we stopped by the Anna Jarvis Birthplace.

Now I do have to confess that driving to Philippi I managed to see something standing right beside the road that I had to turn the car around and drive back to get a few pictures of it. How often are you driving along the road to see a goat standing on the side of the road? after I turned around and turned around the second time to return on our trip to Philippi, our roadside goat's mate also decided to stop by for an appearance after she heard there were photo ops. I mean seriously if you are a goat and someone is taking your mate's picture to post all over the world wide web, wouldn't you also want some of this exposure?

I know a goats life probably isn't that exciting, so this has to be the highlight of their lives.

On the return trip home we took the scenic route of the scenic route and stopped at Colasessanos Pizza for dinner. I have to say it was the first time I have ever gotten the chance to try it and both Michelle and I gave it two thumbs up and a very good pizza. I think I will have to add it to one of my favorite Pizza's that I have ever eaten.

No comments: