Links

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Mountain Valley Paintball

As I have mentioned before, Prime Thyme Softball and WVAQ were scheduled to have a day of paintball battle. Today was that day, and thanks to the very generous hospitality of Mountain Valley Paintball, today was the day of the big showdown. First of all I would like to thank Sean Arthurs and his partners at Mountain Valley Paintball for being very generous hosts and allowing us to partake in their trail run of their park before it officially opens.

The day started out great, we met at Rich's Farms, and MVP bused us to the site of the Piantball fields. They walked us through the basics of Paintball and instructed us on paintball safety and how to play the game. They also informed us that they are now officially the home field for the West Virginia University Paintball team, which ironically is currently ranked #18 in the country out of 250 teams. We were given an exhibition by them and the owners of MVP later on in the day. See Video footage.

Once we were all informed on how the play and play safely, it was on to the battlefield for the Prime Thyme Softball team. We fought valiantly the first match and won, although I was the first one out. I ran behind a bunker and my hopper on my paintball gun opened up and I lost all my paintballs. Scrambling around trying to reload, and not paying attention the where my body was positioned, I got popped. And for good nature when I was walking off the field of play, I got popped a couple more times to ensure I was killed.

We battles heroically for six rounds, and at the end of six rounds the score was knotted at three a piece. The seventh match would be the all deciding rubber match and who could claim the title of paintball supremacy.

We fought hard and I took a couple WVAQ players out quick and early, but I fired about 6-700 rounds during that final battle and ran out of paintballs. I was a sitting duck. WVAQ managed to defeat us in the rubber match and were allowed to lay the claim of Paintball victors.


No comments: