Links

Sunday, December 19, 2004

Long week

What a week this has been, to get any time off for Christmas I have had to make up a boatload of hours. This week I have decided to work 7 10 hour shifts and will work another one Monday so I can have a little bit of a break for Christmas. I'll be off from Tuesday till Sunday and that will be my longest break from work or school since before I started college in 1999. It will be nice to relax a little bit. I'm not real sure what I'm going to do with my time off, but you can rest assured whatever I do will either be something I've needed to get done or just a little bit of relaxing.

With Christmas coming up this week, it should be a great week as usual. The Hall family Christmas has just grown to a point where Parking was going to become a serious issue. I've counted as many as 80 people there before, and when parking is limited it creates a burden on neighbors. This past summer there was a few discussions about renting out the Marilla Recreational Center and holding it there like we did for Valerie and Bobby's wedding. That plan seemed to get a little bit sidetracked though as the year wore on. I actually started a thread for it in my forums, but it seems like I am the only one who ever posts over there. Maybe the family just isn't into the whole message board thing. Good thing I at least got a few started doing BLOG's.

This year the Christmas Eve festivities will be at Nick and Terri's new establishment, it has all the room, space and parking we should need to accommodate everyone that we are going to need to. I heard Terri hung up a picture of Dad and a couple of the patrons donated a flag as a memorial to him. My mom said it was very touching to see, but I haven't had the chance to see it yet. I'm sure after Monday I will have a chance to go and spend a little time with Terri at the Country Inn.

I'll be sure to take pictures of everyone and try to do a little media file about it if I can find an appropriate song to do. Christmas day really hasn't been a big thing for me, it has always been Christmas Eve for me. The excitement leading up to it. Whether it be Santa Claus stopping by and paying a visit, or the rekindling of long lost friendships, or just seeing family members you don't see all year Christmas Eve has always had a very special meaning to me. This year shouldn't be any different. Hopefully I can capture it in pictures and we can keep it forever for the next generation to enjoy. Hopefully they wont make toomuch fun of the way we dressed. Anyone remember the Disco era?




No comments: