Links

Saturday, November 25, 2023

Saturday Morning Ramblings

Here I sit in a quiet household, Kiwi and I are up discussing his latest invention he wants to produce and sell, az combination Metric Crescent Wrench / Solar Powered Flashlight / Cheese Knife. He says there are no products on the market that address all three of these uses and he wants to hurry up and push it out to make a $ Billion by next Friday. I wish him luck. 

I hope everyone had plenty to eat for the Thanksgiving Holiday.  We did our thing at the Cassville Firehall on Thursday and I think Jim counted 58 or 59 people who showed up to enjoy the feast and socialize. I was very thankful that my Mom, my sister Kim and my niece Brittany all showed up to spend the afternoon with us. It made it a special day for me and one that I will never forget. Brittany brought a lawn ornament for the Auction and Michelle and I teamed up against her Sister Danielle and Roy to escalate the price of the item. We pretty much do this every auction and it started with Roy and I and now Michelle and Danielle joining in. The money always goes to a good cause and this was to cover the expense of the Firehall and some of the other things such as paper products and bulk food for the year and for the year and the excess goes to the next years event. We covered the expenses and then some. 

I was off yesterday so I managed to get a number of things done. Dried Laundry and did our weekly Sam's Club trip. I did buy myself a new chair for work. I've been sitting on a wooden kitchen chair and it was just time for an upgrade. I don't know why but I was walking through the isles and said I would like to have that, before I left I did have it in my buggy. Score!!!!

I think my niece Amy got Kaiden and Kynlea an early Christmas Present (I think) and a new family member. His name is Hank and he got to go Christmas Shopping with her and the kids yesterday Morning. 

WVU is at Batkir this evening in the final game of the regular season. The game starts at 7:00 this evening. The game will be broadcast on FS1 and will hopefully be a good one. 

I have managed to make it through 55% of my Jury Duty assignment without getting called in. No Jury Trials last week and there are none on Monday. My last 4 days of Jury Duty may tell a different tale, but by Friday I will be done with my duty. Michelle has a few more weeks to fulfill her obligation, but I will be done. 

If you want to get a little bit of local merchant shopping done, Mylan Park is your place to be with the shop till you drop event that is going on today. It's free to attend and there are going to be about 150 local merchants there selling their wares. 

I hope everyone has a great day today, I'm not sure Michelle and I have any plans for the day. 

No comments: