Links

Friday, May 19, 2023

Big Ole Hairy Friday

Yes, it is once again that time of the week that we all look forward to when we can take time to cease the labors for the week and take a little bit of needed time out to enjoy the fruits of those labors. It is again the dawn of another weekend and a Big Ole Hairy Friday.

What's on my agenda? I will be heading out his morning to dry laundry, run to Walmart and then do then Sam's shopping all before my lovely wife gets done doing what it is that she does for a living to make people's lives more enjoyable. 

Speaking of Michelle as well as her Sisters Chris and Dani, they all went and spoiled their Mom last night and did their once-a-month spa day with her. Where they pamper her, do her hair, nails, etc, and about everything you would get at a local spa. They have done this about once a month and yesterday was their day to perform these daughterly duties and do some pampering. 

Erica Jean, I guess graduated from MTech yesterday and committed to continuing her education this coming fall. They had some kind of a signing event at the school where she is committed to continuing her education. I know I am very proud of her and her hard work as she prepares for the next steps in her journey of life. I know she will do very well this fall. I think her field of study is very similar to what my niece Amy studied. 

Some news on the job front finally. I had two interviews this week with a Federal Contractor called Parsons, through a Contractor called LanceSoft ( I had another interview for another company I was short-listed on as well). I hadn't heard from them by noon yesterday, so I figured they were going to choose another candidate. I wasn't too upset, but I wanted the job despite it being a short-term contract of a little over a month. I sent a text to the hiring manager yesterday asking for any feedback so I can close that out, but to my surprise, I was offered the position. It's a short-term fix and a resume builder, but there is still a lot of onboarding that I have to do because the work will come through the Department of Defense. I'm still looking for other opportunities, but it buys me some time and I will be working from home. Initially, I thought I was going to have to go to Utah for a day, but that does not appear to be the case. I did all my onboarding, Drug Screen and agreed to my background check yesterday, I start May 29th. 

Have yourselves a great day, make it memorable. 

No comments: