Links

Sunday, May 21, 2023

Sunday

Here I sit once again in a quiet household, Kiwi and I are once again having one of our in-depth conversations. Today it is about potatoes believe it or not. He prefers them with the skin off and I kind of like them with the skin on. He insists the skin is tough on his beak, but he does like bacon bits. What a crazy bird we have. 

I should have the docking station that I ordered Friday showing up today from Amazon, and Michelle and I went out yesterday and got a couple 24" Monitors and a new keyboard and mouse to set up for my contracting. Parsons is sending me the laptop since this is a Federal Contract, I originally had to go to Utah to pick up the equipment, or at least that is what was originally agreed upon, but they are just going to send it to me. I also bought a new cordless keyboard and mouse. This is the one I use at my regular PC and the one I like the most. I still have my combo from Duquense Light, but it's a straight keyboard and I was never really fond of it. If I have to do any typing I want an ergonomic one that I like with no cords running everywhere. I should be all set up by tomorrow other than the work laptop, which will be Federal Property. 

If you are not doing anything today and want to have a little bit of fun and raise money for a good cause, the Johnny Koon Bowl-a-Thon will be held today from 1:00-3:00 at Suburban Lanes. It's only $2.00 a game and shoe rental is free. Come on out and help raise money for Pediatric Brain Tumor Research and have yourself a good time. It's a good way to make some memories that I keep telling you to create. 

Other than that it's just going to be a typical Sunday for us, going to do our grocery shopping and chores this morning and then probably going to relax, if the weather is going to be anything like yesterday. Maybe find myself a good movie to watch. Although NASCAR's All-Star race is tonight at 8:00 at North Wilkesboro Speedway. I have been to two NASCAR races, the second was the Charlotte for the 1997 Coca Cola 600 years ago with my sister Kim, and the other was the Tyson Holly Farms 400 in 1995 when Ernie Irvin returned after his big wreck. North Wilkesboro Speedway was retired years ago and this will be NASCAR's return if you are interested. 

Gave yourselves a great day, and like I said make some memories.  

No comments: