Links

Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Hump Day

Hey, what do you know about that, two days are down and you have two more ahead of you and today is the day we get up and over that noontime hump and see the dawn of another weekend off in the Horizon once again.

Hopefully, I hear something today from my interview on Monday, I've got my fingers crossed as this is another long-term working-from-home position doing what it is that I love to do. I kind of like this working-from-home thing, it's actually pretty lucrative as long as you can find work. I'm actually contemplating becoming an LLC and doing it as a business, I'm weighing any benefits and liabilities that a 1099 would have over a W2. As a W2 employee, I can only work on one contract at a time, as an LLC I can line up multiple ones and pay someone else to do the work under my supervision as I work on other projects. I would just be responsible for all the billing and taxes. It really is worth looking into. I know when I was in college I really liked Nasrin's setup and business model at Recourse (although a different service) and someday wanted to be a consultant. 

I think I pulled a back muscle Saturday, I'm still limping around and am actually using a cane to get around as the right side of my lower back is really agitated. It's painful to move around or put any strain on it, so I am using a cane as assistance to assist in taking the strain off of it for the time being. I was going to cut grass Monday, but I thought twice as even though it's a riding mower, our yard is not smooth and even and could have caused a deal of discomfort if I could even swing my leg high enough to get on and off the tractor. 

I hope everyone has a great day today, do something to make someone else's life a little better, just a simple act of kindness will make this a better rock to live on.



No comments: