Links

Sunday, August 16, 2020

Sunday Morning Ramblings

Here I sit yet once again in a quiet household, I'm sitting here solo yet once again as Peanut is off somewhere sleeping. It was an inside kind of day for her yesterday so she might be doing a little bit of pouting. I'm up collecting my thoughts for the day and trying to wake up for the day.

Does anyone remember the significance of this day? Every once in a while an event happens that you remember exactly where you were or what you were doing when something happened. Today is a day that I will always remember for some reason. I was in in the backyard playing wiffleball in the afternoon and my Grandmother came out and she was crying a little bit. Word had just came through that the King of Rock and Roll Elvis Presley had dies at the age of 42. When you are 13 42 seems like forever in the future, when you're 56 age 42 seems like last week. It was 43 years ago today that Elvis died.

Back to reality, today is a day when Michelle and I will do our weekly grocery shopping. I'm wondering with all the students starting to trickle back in town if Krogers will be crowded. Fortunately we go early in the morning so we might be ahead of them, but there are always a number of people there on Sunday Mornings.

Other than that no plans for the day, we didn't get into anything yesterday due to the fact that it rained all day. It was an inside movie watching kind of day and we did just that. Hopefully it's a better day today weather wise, if it is not we are fearing that Kiwi and Peanut are planning a hostile takeover of the household. I saw them plotting together yesterday.

Have yourselves a great day.

No comments: