Links

Saturday, November 05, 2011

Saturday Morning Ramblings

A little later this morning than I usually post, Michelle and I are both already up and have made breakfast and are planning on what we are going to do for the day. The Mountaineers play at noon and I think we're going to make a trip to Sam's club this morning when they open up to do some of our weekly shopping.

I had to come home from work yesterday early, I thought I had the start of kidney stones or something along those lines. I was actually in a lot of pain, I had went in with all intentions of working out but never made it to the gym. I took a trip to the OHU (Occupational health Unit) and they checked my urine and it came back fine, so I went to WVU urgent care to get looked at and I have to say I left that place less than impressed. Dr wrote a couple prescriptions for a muscle relaxer and a narcotic for pain, and never even looked at my back. I'm not a junkie looking for a quick fix so needless to say I wasn't looking for nor do I have any intentions in getting either of those prescriptions filled. I can deal with the pain, I just wanted to make sure there is not an underlying medical issue causing this.

I have to say that I find it ironic that Urgent care has a sign out front that says they do not prescribe pain killers or refills for pain killers and the quack that saw me did not even look at me and wrote out two prescriptions. His diagnosis without even looking was generalized back pain. No shit Sherlock, please tell me you did not graduate from West Virginia University Medical School, there was no one else there and you seemed to be more preoccupied with the sports page than your The Hippocratic Oath. At least the Nurse at OHU did a urine test ton test for blood (everything came out normal). What a quack.

Anyways, good news is Chad has got a job now with Xerox. He'll be starting not this Monday but the following Monday in Cleveland on a job working with his cousin Jonny for a month or so on that job, then they will get him something local. Michelle and I went out last night and bought him some business causal attire to work in. It's actually a VERY good job, it's the chance off a lifetime for him, I just hope he makes the best out of it and builds on this opportunity.

Have a great Saturday and Let's Go Mountaineers.

No comments: