Links

Monday, June 27, 2011

Weekend Reflection

Well the weekend is now faded into our memories, but with the kids birthday party yesterday and the large number of pictures that I did manage to get and post online at my newly redesigned website. I have to say it was a great day, only Michelle had a migraine from hell and tried to sleep through it. Hopefully she is feeling a little better this morning, but we'll have to see.

It was nice to sit down with everyone for an extended period of time, like a few hours and just reflect on pic nics gone by.

As the days festivities wound down and as we reflected upon the days past as we watched the next generation get into their food fight and create their own memories, A strange thing happened. At my father's funeral, the preacher told the story of a Dragonfly and related it to my Father's life. He was a huge influence on my all of our lives, including my niece Val who has a dragonfly tattoo that she had done this year. I looked on George McClain's back and what did I see, a dragonfly. It was as if my father was there at a place we used to celebrate at to check in on everyone, to see how his family had grown.

It was a very nice day and a memorable one.

No comments: