Links

Saturday, April 09, 2011

Saturday Morning Ramblings

Once again I sit in a quiet house with everyone sleeping collecting my thoughts. I've always been an early morning person, and yes I am up at 5:00 AM even on my days off. I think this sleep schedule was bestowed upon me by my grandparents as a child growing up and I have never really shaken it. I've had other sleep schedules, but this one has always seemed the most comfortable for me. I guess I'm a get up and get it over with so I can enjoy the rest of the day kind of a guy.

Well I guess I still have a place to go to work on Monday. Yesterday Secretary Chu announced that the DOE would continue operations with money that had no year associated with it and all employees, Feds and Contractors were to report to work Monday if Congress could not agree on a budget. So regardless I have to report Monday.

However last night at the 11th hour (Midnight actually) the Senate Approved a budget presented by the House earlier in the evening calling for 48 Billion in cuts (about to Billion less than Obama had called for) preventing a Government Wide Shut Down.

I think both sides were playing poker, but knowing a shut down was the last thing anyone wanted they passed a budget late last night.

I was prepared either way and may even start my own company on the side. When opening up a GIS business the one thing you need is first a market (it's there) and a work flow that will keep you busy and that might have just fallen into place Thursday by sheer accident. I was presented a chance to tie into a large company as an independent contractor, and I think I really want to pursue this market and make my own name on the side. More to come on that, it's something I have always talked about doing.

Enjoy your Saturday.

No comments: