Links

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Photo Flashback Thursday


Well here we are once again, another Thursday and yet another time to look back through my tens of thousands of pictures I have either taken or scanned through the years and take a littlebit of time to reflect back on times gone by.

This picture I can date back to I think January 7, 1973. It was my grandfather's 80th birthday and everyone was helping him celebrate it. It also marked the time when he actually retired from working a job and only worked around the house.

To say that he was a hard worker was an absolute understatement. It was up every morning between 3:00 and 4:00 AM and he was at work at the church by 4:00 AM every day.

On this day, it was a very special memory for me as my grandfather and grandmother posed for a picture together, probably one of the last times they had a picture taken together when they were both 100% healthy and definitely a very fond memory for me.

No comments: