Links

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Template Changes

After finally switching over yesterday to the new Blogger, I finally decided to play around a little bit with the template and give a little feedback. Previously if you wanted to change your template you had to go into the code and actually edit the code itself to make the BLOG appear how you wanted to look.

With the New Blogger there are a few features that I liked and was actually one of the reasons I stayed with the old Blogger and that was to maintain the integrity of all my posts. You will notice that there is a slight color change to the BLOG and some of the elements have changed to make it a little more user friendly on the space. The main thing I like and a big reason why I waited to switch my BLOG over is the was you can now navigate to previous posts. You can use the drop down menu to see the year, or then month of the previous post and it compacts it and lists the number of posts by each month.

I was a little surprised to see that I have in excess of 450 posts in my BLOG. I have tried to keep it as active as possible and interesting, and I think I have achieved my goal and been able to keep it both fresh and interesting to some extent.

The new Blogger allows the user to edit the template much easier. It's written in block code and has their own individual interface for each block. I know how to write HTML, but I welcome the change for those who are in the beginning stages of web design.

No comments: