Links

Sunday, October 08, 2006

All Kinds of Wildlife up here


As many of you know I live up here on Scott Avenue. I seems like every morning I wake up and go and get a newspaper I open the door and there is a small herd of deer eating acorns from one of the many oak trees that are planted around me. I can always see them right before daybreak and right after sundown.

Now I've seen a flock of about a dozen very good sized wild turkeys that are now getting brave enough to come and get the acorns. It does provide a nice aesthetic feeling every time you open your door.

This morning I am bringing in groceries and acorns were falling like a light rain. I look up and there's a couple dozen what appear to be Blue Jay's knocking them out of the tree.

I'm not complaining, I'm just reflecting on what the alternative could be. Looking gout at a concrete jungle of Detroit steel and Japanese plastic filled with people driving and creating an audible noise pollution. It's nice to be able to open the front door and have so many plants putting out fresh oxygen to just fill your dwelling with good clean air.

I guess my life has changed from ten years ago when I was working sixty hours a week in silicon filled foundry where oxygen never seemed to exist.


The richness I achieve comes from Nature, the source of my inspiration.--Claude Monet

No comments: