Links

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Went to the Buckwheat Festival

I went to the Buckwheat festival tonight in Kingwood with Robert, Kim and Brittany. It's the first time that I have went in a few years, so I was really looking forward to eating some good old fashioned Preston County buckwheat cakes.

I was going to go to the UHS game last night, but the thought of Buckwheat cakes was something I couldn't pass on and just had to go.

It was a cold and rainy night and the weather I think was a little less than favorable. I did get to see Mike Haines who I've played softball with for years and Bridget form my Recourse days. She's looking great and has started her own company doing Voc Rehab.

One of the highlights of the night was me taking my camera and not only being able to see the Budweiser Clydesdales, but being able to get a close up picture of one of their asses. It's not too often people talk and brag about getting a close up picture of a horses ass, but I managed to do it.

There was a nice little surprise that Kim got last night. My nephew Randy was there also and stopped by to say hello. She was really glad to see him and I could tell by the way her face lit up when he showed up. I was reading Amy's BLOG yesterday and was trying to keep an eye out for her, but either she wasn't there last night or I couldn't seem to find her, but then again the weather wasn't the best of conditions last night either.

The night culminated with my indigestion from eating so much and a fireworks display.

No comments: