Links

Sunday, September 17, 2006

A pic nic day

We had a little dual purpose pic nic this afternoon at Krepps Park. Pam and George organized a very nice little get together with a dual purpose. Tomorrow is Calvin's Birthday and Moke is leaving for Basic Training on Wed.

Moke will leave for Missouri Wed and will spend a month there before being shipped to Mississippi after one month to complete his training. He will not be back until Christmas, so he had a few friends stop by for one more day of youth before he has to leave. He seems very focused and has a gameplan even though I tend to ride him a little bit. He's got a big future ahead of him and the next phase of it is getting ready to start.

I will provide any contact information for him once he gets there so people can write to him. I wanted to start doing podcasts so he could possibly hear from people at home, but this is the military and he has to leave his iPod at home.

The other reason for today's festivities was tomorrow is Calvin's Birthday. Calvin had a few friends visit him for his birthday party. The sad part of the day was my screw up, I sorted through the hundred or so pictures that I did manage to take and noticed I didn't get many shots of the Birthday Boy. I did get a few, but I got a little sidetracked.

There was an old family tradition renewed to some extent today. Not only were Randy, Moke and Gary wrestling around, Amy and Gary got into a little bit of a classic old food fight. It's been a long time since I've seen one, so it was nice to see everyone having some fun.

The funny part of the day was me trying to BBQ. I think George got a good laugh, hey what can I say I use a frying pan, a toaster and a microwave. Fortunately George is a BBQ master and did the majority of the BBQing at home and brought it to the park.

No comments: