Links

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Thinking about doing a team Blog

I have been thinking in the past few weeks of starting one or two new BLOGS. Not one like this, but one or two that has multiple authors and a theme that can be addressed. I one idea for one and one that I may want to do with at least my sister Kim to start off with.

The softball one was a thought I had a few weeks ago and have all the members of the softball team register as bloggers so they can author the blog. I thought it would be nice way for everyone to keep in touch on the team and to be able to make announcements to the team in general for about anything. Birth announcements, or anything that the author chooses to write about. I was thinking about opening it up to anyone associated with the softball team, either past or present and their wives, girlfriends etc.

Last night I approached Kim about potentially doing a theme based BLOG together. We haven't decided on a theme yet, but I think we are both interested in joining into joint project together. Then based on the potential theme invite additional authors based on the theme.

With Kim I have a few potential ideas for themes, but nothing specific.
  1. A Texas Hold Em league Blog where all the members of our league we are planning to do this fall will also be team members
  2. A Pod-Casting Blog. She is really into this and I think I would like to give her a hand with it. Either for technical support or having my own segment to give the podcast a little variety or something. I think she will become a fulltime podcaster sometime soon one way or another.
  3. A Links type BLOG. This would allow multiple authors to just basically submit time wasting links the readers could or would enjoy.
  4. A Family based one, where family members post information about anything.
  5. One for recipes. I'm not a cook, but this family is loaded with a bunch of great cooks, I thought it could be a nice way to share recipes.
I would like to do at least one of these theme based blogs, but it all depends on who the other author or authors we can find that would be an active poster to increase reader interest.

I would still maintain this BLOG, this is about me and what I am doing. It's personalized specific to my feelings and what is going on in my life. The team blog idea is a concept idea that I would like to create an active, theme oriented blog to increase readership.


Stay tuned, I'm hoping I can get at least one of these additional ideas up and running.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It would be nice to get some recipes since I think me and you are the only ones out of the family that can not cook...LOL
*Amy*

George Hall said...

I can microwave