Links

Friday, August 18, 2006

RIP Randy Nels

As some of you know, Randy and Donna Nels have been long time friends of Nick and Terri and have quite often visited them at their home and business for some years. Randy was a postman who had a route around the WVU Football Stadium and Donna is always referred to as the "Pie Lady" for the great pies she makes.

A few weeks ago I was at Terri's, and she had informed me that Randy had been diagnosed with cancer and his health was fading fast. She even said they are wondering if he will make it to Christmas.

It saddened me this morning when I read the morning paper and saw his name listed in the obituaries. He had passed away Wed.

I really enjoyed my discussions with him, he was a die hard Mountaineer fan and new sports. We had numerous discussions on politics, history, sports and computers. He was a very well educated and knowledgeable man. He didn't just form an opinion he knew the history and the basis of his opinion.

I'm really going to miss him as I am sure both Nick and Terri will also.

My thoughts are with Randy's wife Donna and their children on the loss of good guy.

I've been scanning through my pictures to see if I could find one of Randy, the only two I found of him his back was turned or was walking out of a picture. I guess you can never take enough pictures.




A brief candle; both ends burning
An endless mile; a bus wheel turning
A friend to share the lonesome times
A handshake and a sip of wine
So say it loud and let it ring
We are all a part of everything
The future, present and the past
Fly on proud bird
You're free at last.--Charlie Daniels

No comments: