Links

Friday, August 11, 2006

How about a tidbits entering the weekend.

* Well, let me first start of with saying tonight is BOPARC's last Family Night Under the Stars for the season. They will be playing the movie Dreamer tonight and this rounds out their summer movie schedule.

* Speaking of BOPARC, we had our last regular season game last night before entering Monday Night's playoffs. It was a throw away game, we could neither improve or worsen our post season standings or our third place finish. Throw away is exactly what we did. Wow, did we get hammered. We screwed around and put different people in different positions and played around. I guess the other team decided that it wasn't a throw away game for them and actually beat us pretty badly. We finished 15-5 on the regular season after moving up a level in competition so I can't complain. That puts our regular season record at 31-8 over the past two seasons.

* I have decided to add another sidebar menu on the side of my BLOG. I think with the recent MySpace phenomenon that has been hitting the net, and a couple Nephew's starting their own MySpace page, I added a sidebar menu to ppost links to their sites. I added Moke and Randy's pages to the sidebar menu. If others start doing them, I will add them to the menu.

* Did lunch yesterday with Kim. I dropped her off a copy of some software and we went to lunch at Wings Ole. We had been talking about doing it for the past month, but we just never really got around to it until yesterday.

* Brittany is off to the Beach with Ed to enjoy a little vacation before having to return to school in a few weeks.

* For anyone who may be looking for a job or a new job, Wal Mart and Sam's Club are accepting applications for the two new stores in Morgantown.

Sam's Club is 1-304-296-4792 and they are accepting applications at 40 Commerce Drive in Westover Monday through Friday

Super Wal-Mart is at the University Town Center in the Seneca Center MWF 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM, T & TH 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM and Saturday from 7:00 to 11:00 AM.

They offer health insurance, a 401k, stock purchase plan, profit sharing, discounts and career placement opportunities.

The former CEO of K-Mart, Joseph E. Antonini, started as a stock boy. He's a Morgantown resident.

* Jean went down to Nick and Terri's bar last night to hear this one girl singer.

* Rich's youngest son Mark has just opened up his own reality company on Van Voorhis Rd called Alliance Reality. Mark has been very successful as a Realator and decided to become his own broker. I'll keep everyone updated if and when he gets a website up and running.

* Oh, according to todays paper, a kid that I was friends with and grew up with was named WVU's new Women's Tennis coach. Marc and I were friends and neighbors from first grade through High School. I was always at his place playing with the GI Joes or playing mini ball. I know he had been doing some coaching around the country, it's nice to see a neighborhood kid get the job and for him to get a chance to return home. Marc and I have lost contact since High School, but I have kept tabs on his career through the local sports page. Welcome home Marc. Ironically I found an article written about him....that was written by my right fielder on my softball team.

* For you Football fans, the Steelers play their first Pre-season game this weekend.


A useless life is an early death.--Goethe

No comments: