Links

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Tidbits

* Every once in a while, I feel the need to do a tidbits post, considering tomorrow is survivor night I'll do one today.

* First off, Randy has went back to Mountaineer Challenge acadamy a week ago and I've already sent him my first e-mail Sunday. His address is:

wvchallenge@wvchallenge.org
Subject: Cadet Hamrick

* We were supposed to get hammered in snow this week, but we have managed to get just a small portion of what was initially predicted to get. OK, I'm ready for spring.

* Mom had to re-start her BLOG. Seems like she was having some password trouble and just restarted everything.

* My sister Kim changed around the formatting at her BLOG. It changed around all the sidebar information. I guess I was wrong last October when I thought I was Hacked, when in fact it was me who accidentily re-set the account simply by changing the formatting. oops.

* I did manage to get a few older pictures scanned this past weekend, no big surprises but I did manage to get 46 pictures scanned, uploaded and hosted.









* Gary contacted me and asked if there was anything I could do to help his computer. It seems to have become infested with massive amounts of spyware. I gave him three pieces of advice.
  1. Go to his administrative tools and turn off his Messenger Service. It's a network feature that can be used to send "Netsend" messages through an internal network. Easily exploitable by hackers.
  2. I then advised him to go and download Ad-Aware and immunize his system from any spyware that may already exist on his computer.
  3. I then asked him if he was running IE as his browser, (I already knew the answer) and advised him to go and download Mozilla's Firefox. These three things should easily fix his spyware problem.


* Depending on how tired I feel when I get off of work today, I may stop over at Mom's and try to get some more older pictures scanned.

* Lat week, Kim brought me some items that she had canned. I finally broke one of them open trying the salsa, I will honestly say that this is the best Salsa I have ever eaten. Remember I used to be a Potato Chip vendor at one time also.

* I finally got my copy of Morgantown Mahem and was actually won the Autographed Adam "Pac Man" Jones copy of the DVD. Scroll down to the bottom to see that I am the first winner!! Woo Hoo. I guess that makes me forget about the snow for a while. This gives me a regular copy and an unopened autographed copy of a guy predicted to go High first round this spring in the NFL draft. Great little reminder of my time spent at West Virginia University.

* It is over the hump day, we are half-way to the weekend!!!

* I'm getting ready to head to work, did I ever mention to anyone I Hate Snow.

* One post note, I have decided to play another year of softball if I am still in Morgantown all summer. I have thought about it all winter and have decided to leave Heiskell and King/Judies Lounge/Sports Page/Judies/Recourse/Walnut Lane and play with a new team this season. The old team has just had too many faces change and too much inconsistancy for me. I just want to have fun again. I'll be playing for Prime Thyme this summer and returning to playing with a group of guys who have slowly left our core of players we have had for years.

No comments: