Links

Saturday, September 18, 2021

Game Day

It has been a while since one of our traditional rivals has actually made an appearance in Morgantown. While it is not a game that I am confident about, I think we have too many glaring weaknesses, I am excited to see the Hokies coming back into Mountaineer Field at Don Nehlen Stadium (who it should have been named after IMHO).

Speaking of the old coach, I got to meet him and shake his hand this past week. I was at Walzy's Hot Dogs picking up lunch and I was sitting there waiting for my lunch right beside the register, an older gentleman came in and was standing in front of the register waiting to order. Who to my shocked eyes was it, it was Don Nehlen who was there to pick up some lunch. Had a quick conversation with him about my food and how he likes them and that was about it. Didn't expect to see him, and it was a pleasant surprise. 

Well, I know where I will be working now to close out quarter three. I will be traveling to Charles Town and staying and working. Plus I have another segment close by in Harpers Ferry both this week and next week. Since it's a three-hour drive, I'll be heading down a night early each week to get settled into the hotel so I don't have to worry about that and working on the same day. That could make for a long day.

Michelle was off yesterday but will be working today as this is her Saturday to work at FD Kitchens. Hopefully, she can get off work and avoid the post-game traffic that is associated with home games. 

Did get the grass cut yesterday, or should I say Michelle was going to town on the mower yesterday as I went to get the oil changed in Pearl. This may have been the last cut of the year, but something tells me that we will pull out the mower at least one more time this year for the leaves if nothing else. 

Have yourselves a great day. 


No comments: