Links

Saturday, March 28, 2020

Saturday Morning Ramblings

Here I sit in a quiet household, my co-author has just showed up and is stretching and warming up and getting ready to share her feline brain power with me as I construct this early morning blog. I'm watching No Strings Attached on Amazon Prime and stretching my arthritic fingers.

I did find out some very sad news this week, someone who I played on numerous softball teams with, someone who was part of our fantasy football league we used to run, Scott Barr has passed away after a long battle with cancer. I know he had a battle with cancer a few years ago and actually beat it, then this latest one developed and it was a fight for him. Condolences go out to Lindsey and the rest of the Barr family. He was a great guy and a great team mate on some of the best and funnest teams I ever played on. Those teams were a family and we are all still like family.

Plans for the day, we are going to stay home. I think my highlight for this day will be to change my headlights in Pearl. The drivers side is out, but when I change them I change both sides.

Michelle has been packing up their Fairmont Office this past week and preparing it to move to the Clarksburg location next week. Her company purchased the Goff Building and is remodeling everything, so she will actually be working from home later next week as construction finishes up.

Michelle and I also might be starting to do a little research this weekend. With Patty moving to Florida, I am really going to be in need of a riding mower. I think we are just going to purchase a new one, then when we leave here just sell it if it is not needed. I've noticed John Deere's really retain their value on the resell market, but we are just starting to do our research. I was going to buy one, but with the stimulus passing and a financial windfall coming our way that made the decision really easy.

Have yourselves a great day today, stay home, practice social distancing and bing watch some television.

No comments: