Links

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Photo Flashback ThursdayO


Once a week I like to use my blog as an excuse to look back through the thousands of pictures that I have on my computer from the years gone buy and share it and tell a little story about it. This weeks picture was an image from my first real GIS company that I worked for in Frostburg Maryland called VARGIS.

VARGIS was opening up a satellite office away from their Sterling Virginia base and I was in the original group of compilers that was hired by that office. There were actually just five of us, the two in the front (notice how cute the bald one is) and the three that were behind the two of us up front. There was someone from the Sterling Office and a pair of workers who had traveled clear around this rock from Hyderbad India to teach how to compile 3D geosptatial data.

It was a time in my life when I was literally commuting 600 miles a week back and forth to work for my first real GIS job that actually gave me benefits as well as a paycheck.

I sometimes miss Frostburg, I don't miss that daily commute, but I miss the office and the people that I worked with.

Speaking of GIS Jobs, Hi ho hi ho

No comments: