Links

Thursday, July 08, 2010

Bought Another Website

As many of you know, I have my own hosting account and multiple domains that I own. My first domain name I ever purchased was about seven years ago when I purchased George-Hall.net. A site that I initially purchased to market my services and myself as I was finishing college and getting ready to re-enter the job market.

It allowed me to have my own e-mail as opposed to the ones that I had had previously prior to market myself. Psycho7244 is me and is all over the internet, but it wasn't exactly the way I wanted to be communicating with prospective employers. The site slowly transformed into a do all site featuring my life story and a lit of pictures.

Last year I left my second host (GoDaddy) to find a host that was more to my liking. So the site was reborn, and took on a more informational role. Housing my resume and my images, but not so many links.

My next sote I purchased was about three years ago when I started Shitzngiggles.com to see if I could make a buck or two running banner ads on a gaming site. Well, I guess you get what you pay for and on a shared server I developed a site little gaming site. Banner ads were not something that was going to make me any money, a couple cents here and couple cents there, but nothing to cash in on. The site has all banners removed and is back up and running.

I purchased nicknterris.com for one year to help Nick and out with the bar, but the nothing ever developed and I released the domain name after a year.

Yesterday, I purchased yet another name and with purpose. Everyone knows my george-hall.net, I now own George-Hall.com which I want to start to use to sell items. Initially I was thinking about drop shipping, but I honestly started th think about it. I would be nickel and diming everything to make a couple cents here and a couple cents there again to once again lose interest. I set the site up yesterday just to start development and realized my most marketable and most profitable thing I could sell are my own professional services as a GIS analyst on the side. So probably over this winter I will be preparing this for a launch.

I have a few things to look into, such as declaring myself a LLC, taxes and marketing myself. I am going to start by using open source software to create the services, use my credentials to market the products to a specific target market for a justifiable consulting fee.

Wish me luck as IO try to get this kicked off the ground and started.

No comments: