Links

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Jimmy Buffett Concert

Last night Michelle and I ignored weather reports and journeyed to Burgettstown PA and the Post Gazette Pavilion to see Jimmy Buffett. This was the first time that Michelle had seen the parrotthead nation and I even hyped it up for her. Even with all my hype she said it was beyond her expectations.

Jimmy did not disappoint last night, like as if he ever would. The crowd was VERY large, I can't put a number on it, but I was there 10 years ago when 25,000 saw Van Halen and this crowd was larger than even that. It was a sea of parrottheads and flying beach balls bouncing all over the place.

Edit: 23,000 were there according to Post Gazette.

Buffett World wrote a review of last night's concert already including the set list that he used.

After the concert we sat in the parking lot and drank ice cold Iced Tea's, ate some fresh fruit and vegetables as the traffic jam formed around us. We were in no rush to get out and we finally made it home around 1:30 this morning.

I wonder if I can talk her into doing it again next year?

No comments: