Links

Friday, July 21, 2006

Seven Years ago yesterday

There is an old saying that time heals all wounds, I don't know if I completely agree with that, but time does seem to ease the pain. Seven years ago yesterday we lost my Dad, and to be honest I would never have known it if it were my for my niece Val pointing it out in her BLOG yesterday. Like everyone else I still miss him and wish he could have been around to see a large series of events that have taken place since his passing. He has had four Grandchildren graduate from High School; Val, Amy Randy and Moke. One son graduate from College. One daughter get married, Kim. One grand daughter getting married, Val. The birth of a Great grand daughter, Erica and soon to be a great grand son, soon to be born Josh. One son finally getting his contractors license. One daughter and son in law building their own monster addition to their home. One daughter realizing a dream and opening up their own business and let's not forget what WVU athletics have done over the last seven years.

This family has seen good times and bad times. We have celebrated together with large feasts and have even had a small feud here and there.

George Edward Hall SR has left a very large legacy. A legacy of a large family who love one another. One that might not have all members always getting along, but we're working on it.

Every time I go to a family reunion and just see mountains of food, I'll always remember Dad and his cookouts. The ones that you went to and were handed two plates, one for your steak and the other for half of everything else. You had to go back for seconds to get the other items.

I think if he were here today he would have been gleaming with pride in the accomplishments that everyone has made in the last seven years.

I still see people from outside the immediate family who still speak of the man with great admiration. He was a man who welcomed everyone and always left a very lasting impression on them.

I am honored to be one of his offspring. We miss you Dad.

No comments: