Links

Sunday, October 03, 2004

The Weekend

Here it is Sunday evening already and the weekend is gone. There was so much going on around town I never really got a chance to to everthing that I wanted to do. Seems like everything was happening Saturday evening or during the day.

Early Saturday I wnt to my sister Terri's house to watch the WVU-VT football game. We were trying to will the Mountaineers to victory, but we just came up a little bit short. I had a blast going to my sister's house, she is one of the best hostesses you could ever imagine. There was a small group of us trying to cheer the 'eers to victory, but we came up a little short. I have have high expectations for them this year.

Saturday evening there were a lot of things going on, but I couldn't be everywhere at once. Kelly had a party that I really wanted to make it out to, but never quite made it to Canyon.

I was planning on going to Morgantown High Game with a couple of friends, but ended up going alone and met up with Chris to get a couple Multi-media files of the game.
MHS won, so that made my teams 1-1 for the weekend.

The Morgantown Balloon festival was supposed to have light up night on Saturday evening, but I didn't make it out for that photo opportunity.

Sunday was a chores and NFL day. I love waking up early and going grocery shopping in the wee hours of the morning. I've started going to a remote store just so I can take a nice relaxing Country drive on my way there.

Sunday afternoon, my Pittsburgh Steelers put a little ass whoopin on the Bengals. So, my teams ended up 2-1 for the weekend. I would have rather have had a 3-0 for the weekend, but I can't complain.

I also got a chance to talk to my brother Gary a little tonight. Gary is just one of those people that are natural at playing the guitar. My grandfather had the gift, but I didn't get that gift, and neither did about anyone else in our family other than my brother Gary and my sister Pam's oldest son Moke. Those two have just with the natural musical talent.

I have given Gary a Challenge that he's going to try to do by Christmas eve. I'm going to record it and publish it on my website, but I don't want to say what is is as of right now. It'll be a nice little pleasant surprise if he can manage to learn what he needs to learn and I can capture it. Stay tuned...

No comments: