Links

Thursday, March 07, 2024

Photo Flashback Thursday

Once a week I like to take a little bit of time out, time to look at some of the 30,000+ photos that I have stored on my computer. Little lost moments in time that I either captured with a lens, scanned or just stole from someplace on the internet. I like to find just one and post it up and recall or relive the picture to the best of my ability. Sometimes this is a pretty easy task and sometimes it's not that easy, one thing it has always been a lot of fun.

As I look at this picture, I try to put some kind of date on it and really don't know. I'm going to guess it is around Christmas time as we are all opening presents and I'm going to guess the year was 1982. I base that guess as it looks like the house. Room divider is gone ( see different paneling) and it was not drywalled yet. So if I am guessing, I'm guessing 1982. As a matter of fact I know it is Christmas 1982 based on my ring finger being bandaged up. I got hurt at work at Sterling and caught my finger tip in a vice, the doctor did not drill down through the nail to relieve the pressure and this was the only time in my life that I was actually on workmans comp. 

I had broken numerous fingertips (smashed) working there, but every other time the doctor drilled down through my nail and caused blood to squirt up and hit the ceiling relieving the pressure. I was out I think 2 weeks with this injury and another time I did it where they drilled I played softball that night and had to play first base with a shortstop that could throw and make the ball cut through the air (probably approaching upper 80-90 mph range). No problems playing because the pressure was released. 

Have yourselves a great day

Hi ho hi ho

No comments: