Links

Sunday, June 11, 2023

Sunday

Here I sit on a quiet Sunday Morning, Kiwi and I are up discussing how the Mountaineers are going to do this fall in Football. He thinks we are going to win them all if they let him coach, and not so much if they don't offer him the coaching job. 

Well, I spoke too early in yesterday's blog where I said I was going to do battle with the grass, Michelle was home again on Friday and was starting to feel a little better so she took on the house chores by herself Friday. This included her jumping on the lawn tractor and throwing the pollen around and cutting some of the grass that had sporadically shot up a little bit. It's been dry so the grass really hasn't grown. I have a weedeater and a leaf blower, but those of them run on 2-cycle oil and the weed wacker has a broken switch which makes it hard to keep running. So I went to Lowes yesterday and found a battery-powered combo pack that fits all of our needs. I may need a bigger battery as it only runs for about 10 or 15 minutes before needing to be recharged, however, it only takes about an hour for a full charge so this will probably meet our needs. I still need to fire the gas-powered one up to catch up. 

On today's agenda, we'll be heading over for our third and final graduation this year. Paige Paugh graduated from University High and Jim and Chris are going to host her Graduation Paty for her. Very proud of Paige as well, not sure of her plans I think she will be going to WVU but don't quote me on that it's more of a guess. Her Mom has her Master's Degree so I can almost bet there will be some kind of continuing education for her. 

I dog-sat Lucy yesterday, Mom and Gerald stopped over at Gerald's brother Richard's house as he and his wife were celebrating their 50th Wedding anniversary. Lucy and I spent a few hours talking and watching TV. Kiwi was trying to teach her how to play pinochle. He kept asking me for advice but I had to tell him I've never played. 

Have yourselves a great and memorable day. 

No comments: