Links

Thursday, May 03, 2012

Photo Flashback Thursday




It's once again that time of the week when I take a little bit of time out to look back through all of my digital photos that I have collected through the years and select just one special image to write a little blog about. Sometimes it's very easy and sometimes it's a challenge to find something, but it is always both fun and enjoyable.

This weeks picture comes from a number of years ago, that is my Sister Terri's baby shower for her oldest daughter Val. Val was there but she was hidden under Terri's blouse, prior to us being blessed with her presence. Knowing how old Val is (21) and using a complex mathematical formula only know to me I estimate that this photo was taken around November of 1983.

They held the shower at the old A&H Tavern, a local watering whole owned by Val's grandmother and grandfather Clyde and Petie Hamrick. It was a location that was a pretty popular hangout among a lot of guys I played football with, as the drinking age back then was 18 in West Virginia and they were just starting to use picture ID's for drivers licenses.

I can even remember what I bought, I wanted to buy my niece her first pair of Nike Tennis Shoes, I wanted he to be styling and profiling when she first arrived.

As the ladies had a baby shower, me and the Sperm donor went out for Pizza to stay out of their hair.

Hi ho hi ho

No comments: