Links

Monday, March 03, 2008

Monday Tidbits

I think we should declare this day officially the "Kiss a Groundhog Day" in honor of my buddy Phil and the talk he must have had with Mother Nature. It's going to be a great day to get outside today as the temperature is predicted to peak at 69 degrees. It looks like my front door may actually be opened up this afternoon and I'll even feed Phil's cousins, the squirrels. Thank You Phil.

* For any of you thinking about going to the Van Halen Reunion tour with David Lee Roth or if you have already purchased your tickets, you might want to be calling for a refund. They have canceled the tour. You see why I think Sammy is the better front man for the band? He actually likes to play rather than pretending like he does.

* With the nice and warm weather I may be making my first (really second) trip to rails to trails for the season. Needless to say I've added a few pounds and softball is just around the corner, so I need to get out there to start getting ready.

* Seems like everyone has been under the weather in some sort lately. I have managed to avoid getting sick this time around, so for all of you not feeling so well. Kiss my butt, better you than me and I'm going outside in shorts today to enjoy the nice weather.

* Big basketball game tonight when WVU plays that horrible team from up north when Pitt invades Morgantown. This is a must win situation tonight for WVU for them to make it to the NCAA Tournament, We would be a lock for the NIT to defend our title, but I think I would much rather see this team take their shot in the NCAA Tournament.

* Woo Hoo, just heard on the radio that temps are going up to 71 degrees today.

* Remember this coming weekend you will lose one hours sleep as it be the start of Daylight Saving Time begins on March 8. at 1:59 AM Sunday, the next minute will spring forward to 3:00 AM.

* Josh Judy has reported to the Cleveland Indians Spring Training Camp this past week. This will be his first full season playing professionally, I was talking to Steve a couple weeks ago and told him I hoped he pitched for the Youngstown minor league team to start out. Youngstown is only a couple hours away and I used to love it there, although I am hearing my old stomping grounds have now established a very bad element.

* I have started drinking a lot of Diet Lipton Green Tea lately and I can say I am feeling much better than I did when I was drinking all the Diet Coke again.

* Have a great day, I plan to.


Now, here is one for Diane since she relaxes by working in her flower garden:

In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt.--Margaret Atwood

No comments: